Ed Felten förutspår 2006
8 januari 2006
- There will be broad consensus on the the need for patent reform, but very little consensus on what reform means.
- DRM technology will still fail to prevent widespread infringement. In a related development, pigs will still fail to fly.
- Watermarking-based DRM will make an abortive comeback, but will still be fundamentally infeasible.
- It will become trendy to say that the Internet is broken and needs to be redesigned. This meme will be especially popular with those recommending bad public policies.
- Frustrated with Apple’s market power, the music industry will try to cozy up to Microsoft. Afraid of Microsoft’s market power, the movie industry will try to cozy up to Washington.